Junior data scientist
Ghent - Miles Ahead Venture Studio - Full-Time
For one of our first ventures in the Human Resources space we are looking for a junior data scientist, that will help our customers to turn data into information. Our ideal candidate loves sifting through the explosion of data to find that little data nugget you’ve been looking for! You figure out “what questions to ask” so that relevant information hidden in the large volumes and varieties of data can be extracted. Furthermore, you are responsible for designing and implementing processes and layouts for complex, large-scale data sets used for modelling, data mining, and research purposes.
Does this already sound interesting to you? Perfect, read on then!
You have the opportunity to design and implement state-of-the-art machine learning methods, including new/custom methods, drawing from all techniques of machine learning and statistics, as well as NLP techniques, algorithms/data structures, optimization, linear algebra, computational geometry, graph theory, discrete
mathematics, and parallel algorithms/data structures with an emphasis on online (real-time, continuous) and distributed implementations in a Big Data / Hadoop environment.
Who are we looking for:
First and foremost, you’ll:
- have a BS / MS in computer or data science, with knowledge in Natural Language Processing
- have experience in data science customer projects or software development
- have a strong cross-functional technical background
- define appropriate datasets for language learning
- find and implement the right algorithms and tools for NLP tasks
- have a strong understanding of machine learning algorithms and data mining
- have a broad knowledge of text representation techniques
- have a strong understanding of syntactic and semantic parsing
- have experience with text classification and clustering skills
- train the developed model and run evaluation experiments
- maintain NLP libraries and frameworks
- have knowledge of and/or experience with some or all leading software packages such as R, Python, Dataiku, H2O, the Google AI platform and Azure AI services
- have a logical approach to problem solving and good conceptual ability and skills in analysis
- be customer service oriented, open minded and solution oriented
- have the ability to integrate research & best practices into continuous improvement
- have excellent written/oral communication skills, and a willingness and capacity to expand your leadership and technical skills.
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- possess good interpersonal skills
- have an understanding in concepts of Hadoop, HBase and other big data technologies
- have an understanding of marketing processes in the financial and or retail market
- are self-reliant and capable of both independent work and as member of a team
- are persistent, accurate, imaginative
- enjoy constantly expanding your knowledge base.
If you have another unique skill, we’d love to hear more!