Ghent - Miles Ahead Venture Studio - Full-time
- Do you consider yourself a true social media rock star? Do you just love strategising, developing and pushing engaging content for social media? Do you like planning, organising and running events? Do you wish to witness first-line how storytelling, social media and IRL/virtual events can influence a brand’s equity of a newly launched company?
- Are you keen to understand better how a company grows from being idea to a successful software venture?
- Are you interested in working with a new venture studio that founds, builds and launches four AI-driven startups per year?
We are looking for a Marketing Executive to join our team. The Marketing Executive will be involved in shaping all aspects of the Miles Ahead marketing strategy AND of the Miles Ahead portfolio companies. An enthusiastic digital marketeer & event manager with a "can-do" attitude. The focus will be to increase the offline as well as the online presence of the Miles Ahead brand and the brand of its portfolio companies.
We are ideally looking for a profile with a strong interest in developing their career in Marketing with fast-growing early-stage startups and in deep tech including Artificial Intelligence.
Key responsibilities & duties
Boost the awareness of the Miles Ahead brand and the one of its portfolio companies:
- You rock at organising great IRL/virtual events, seeing everything come together on the day of the event gives you a huge thrill.
- IRL/virtual event management, planning, and marketing
- You like to (learn to) work with software suites in CRM (Hubspot), online ticketing (Eventbrite) and direct marketing (Mailchimp).
- Researching and securing venues, planning and managing events' calendars, negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors, driving event marketing, monitoring timeframes, budgets, networking and debriefs.
- You are a social media star!
- Identify key (social media) marketing objectives, set up a marketing calendar and drive the daily execution.
- Monitor, track, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Linkedin insights.
- Researches and analyses social media trends, including social media ad revenue and web visitor data, to improve social media presence and campaign efficacy; you are eager to become an SEO/SEA expert.
- Works with other departments to develop social media timelines coinciding with new product releases, ad campaigns, or other brand messages
- General content management & marketing collateral
Skills & Qualifications
- Min 2-3 years of proven work experience in a similar role.
- Min Bachelor in (Digital Marketing) Communication, Media & Design, Marketing or Business Management.
- The ideal candidate for this role should demonstrate
- Exceptional organizational abilities, superb interpersonal skills, multi-tasking skills, and excellent time management.
- Excellent, creative communicator in Dutch & English (verbally and written). Very good knowledge of French is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms
- Entrepreneurial mindset and passion
What to expect
- You're likely to find the role challenging but rewarding, as social media and the wider digital marketing industry is a continuously changing and fast-paced sector.
- You will be introduced to the latest innovations in Big Data, Data governance and Deep Tech (including artificial intelligence, VR/AR, decentralisation, Cybersecurity, HRTech, CleanTech)
- Best of both worlds: you will work side by side with experienced entrepreneurs turned investors & as well as new, smart entrepreneurial talent.
- You will play a key role in the early stages of developing an idea into a venture. You will act as the interim Digital Marketing Manager of the Miles Ahead portfolio startups. You will support them through all their challenges, celebrate with them if they thrive, or learn with them if they fail. Magic can happen when great minds come together.
- You’ll be office-based in Ghent at Miles Ahead, but equally spend time at the offices of the Miles Ahead portfolio companies or travel to relevant conferences with these companies.
What we offer
- A competitive salary and benefits (meal vouchers, annual EcoCheques, hospitalisation & group insurance, end-of-the-year bonus, etc.)
- A laptop, including a phone subscription & work-from-home allowance
- Supportive and collaborative environment focused on personal growth. Future opportunity to join one of the portfolio companies as a Marketing executive.
- Hybrid office/work from home policy.
- A diverse team with a flat hierarchy.
- 1 volunteering day every quarter is dedicated to helping a Belgian-based NGO.
- A combination of personal and company growth to accelerate your career and help you reach your goals.
If you have what it takes to help us grow, we’d love to hear from you!